Wednesday 20 November 2019

Last piece of work before Christmas


As the Christmas season fast approaches I am excited to get started so I can get it finished. The next mission of course is the final before the semester ends. This methodology mission He’s going to be the only mission that doesn’t consist of a PowerPoint. I am excited about this because it may allow me and my team members to be more creative and efficient rather than writing chunks and chunks of words on a page. However I am nervous about creating a video as it is something I never done before.
I am also excited for the challenge.

For this mission I’ll be working at my mates Justin and Aaron. It is refreshing to work with people outside of the group and it’s nice to have the freedom to choose anyone from the module rather than just in the small group. Opening myself up to new people is great because it allows me to feed off of other people and learn new things from other people also.

For this mission we chose the topic of mapping which quite frankly we chose because we thought it would be the easiest. It consists of taking a film or TV series or something like that and popping it into a story map which maps out the characters journey.

We met up and decided that we wanted to do the series an idiot abroad. In the series Carol travels around the world and we are going to do a map tracking his route throughout the first season. As for a video presentation, we are going to take more time to figure this out. Because it is so new to us to do a video, we are thinking of doing it in an interview style because that seems to be the easiest solution. Basically for this mission we are just taking the easiest route. I feel that with our basic knowledge of filming and editing this would be the best for us.

Taking time out of our schedules was difficult at first to try and film this video because each of us had work, or was sick, or wasn’t able to come in. But eventually, we found the time to film the presentation. This was probably the most fun part of the project because we were able to have a laugh while also getting creative, and adding in different elements to the video itself.

As for the aspect of it all I definitely played a key role in building them up along with the other two guys. This mission I definitely stepped up my skills and teamwork. We really efficiently worked as a team because we each chip in a little bit to each aspect of the project, rather than doing little bits separately and putting them together. And it’s because of this progress in teamwork I feel like this project was one of my favourites to work on.

I’ll update the blog whenever we have a finished product.
Thank you so much for listening and reading I’ll stop now because it’s probably too long. You’re  a saint if you’ve gotten this far.

-Ava 00:08

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's starting to come together After filming the video we decided we needed to edit it in doing so we popped the tutor up on the go ...